Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013?

My newly acquired positive outlook on life is what keeps me from taking a look back at 2012 with you because, to be honest, most months of the past year just kind of blend together in one big bundle of suck. 

But 2013 has been good to me so far and I plan to be good to 2013 in return by making an effort to enjoy every day to the fullest. 


I go into this year with just one "resolution" if you want to call it that:

Make the year count. 

(MORE RAMBLING UNDER THE CUT)


This includes making all kinds of changes to my life, be it my attitude or the people I associate with. For as long as I can remember, I have let myself be defined by what other people think of me. I have loathed confrontation (it still makes me physically sick actually) and done almost anything to escape it for ages and honestly, I'm sick of it. So what if somebody doesn't like me? Not my problem. There are bigger things in life and it's silly to put as much emphasis on being liked as I used to.
I refuse to feel bad about things that I can't change. I'm a nice person so if people have issues with what I say or do, they can always talk to me in a sensible manner. 

Anyway, point is: I have never felt so happy with my life. I find that with my new approach, almost any situation that would've made me throw up in the past is now a situation I can handle. Let's hope it stays that way. 




(-END cheesy rant about how beautiful life is-) 

Starting this upcoming monday, I am entering the final stage of my high school time - FINALS. The concept is absolutely intimidating and of course I'm incredibly nervous but, seeing how I passed the mock finals with flying colors, I'm not worried. For someone who never studies for anything, my GPA is actually really really high - even by non-lazy people's standards. (Also, let's be real for a second - it's basically impossible to not pass these exams. If I just get the minimum of 50% on all of them, I'll be fine.) 

No idea why I decided to create this blog today, but I felt like having a place to get things off my chest, no matter if people read it or not. This is mostly for me anyway. I'll try to post some pictures in the future to make my never-ending rambles a bit more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment